What is HeartLife Professional Soul Care?
- HeartLife Professional Soul Care is a not-for-profit organization comprised of Christian professionals committed to provide counseling on a spiritual, emotional and relational model with excellence. HeartLife also supports and trains pastors and laity for group or one-on-one discipleship.
What kinds of counseling do you offer?
- We offer a full range of counseling, or soul care, services: marital, premarital, family, child and adolescent, depression, anxiety, grief, relationship, eating disorders, addiction, substance abuse, and sex addiction.
Do you accept insurance?
- We do not accept insurance, but we will be happy to assist you with getting the necessary documentation to file a claim yourself. When a practice or practitioner signs a Managed Care Contract, the managed care organization (MCO) can dictate the “type of treatment and the number of approved sessions.” As Christians, we do not feel we can ethically provide treatment from the philosophy that many MCOs demand.
Read more about our reasons here.
How do I make an appointment?
- Please call (901) 756-5788, and our office manager will gladly assist you.
How do I know which counselor I should see?
- Our Web site provides information to help assist you in choosing a counselor who will meet your needs. If you have more specific questions, our Office Manager will be happy to assist you.
Will my name and information be kept in confidence?
- Absolutely. Our counselors conduct their professional practice in conformity with legal, ethical and professional standards. We cannot release any information about you or your situation without your written permission.
I am seeking counseling for my child who is a minor. What can I expect?
- Our counselors will meet with parents and/or guardians during the initial session and encourage a collaborative relationship throughout the process.
How often will I need to see the counselor?
- Your counselor will discuss the frequency and treatment plan that will best meet your needs. All our treatment plans are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
What hours are counselors available?
- Our office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. After hours appointments also are available.
How is confidentiality affected in couples or parent/child counseling sessions?
- Information revealed in marital therapy is kept confidential and requires the permission of both parties to release. Our Informed Consent Form explains this in great detail. However, we invite you to discuss this with your counselor.