A Group for Single Men Dealing With Pornography Addiction.Un-Hooked provides a safe environment for single men to share their pain, shame and struggles with others who understand and share similar Christian values. There is freedom from this devastating problem and our specialists can help.
Internet statistic tracking service comScore Media Metrix reports that more than 70 percent of men ages 18 to 34 visit a pornographic Web site every month. By the time they reach early adulthood, many young men are already hooked.
Here are some stages to consider:
- EARLY EXPOSURE at a young age where porn gets its foot in the door.
- ADDICTION develops and you’re hooked; you try everything you know to stop and can’t seem to quit.
- ESCALATION spending hours hunting for more explicit pornography. Porn you previously found disgusting, now excites you.
- DESENSITIZATION where you build up a tolerance to the images you see; you become numb to the ‘old stuff…the thrill is gone. You become desperate to feel the same thrill again, but you can’t find it.
- ACTING OUT moving from the paper and plastic images of porn into the real world, with real people, in destructive ways.
Single guys must deal with the questions and issues that are seldom discussed in church:
- Am I an addict?
- Am I alone in this?
- What are the consequences?
- “I’ll fix it when I get married.”
- How do I deal with guilt and shame?
For men hooked on pornography, this group offers a chance to tackle the norms from our culture that say pornography is OK. It will give men the opportunity to open up about topics that are not often faced in the church setting.
Contact our office manager or any of our counselors for more information.Contact Now