Building a Healthy and Joyful Marriage
Deciding to pursue marriage is one of the most exciting times in life. Premarital counseling will help to build a healthy foundation that is critical for success. Premarital counseling improves relationship skills and establishes realistic expectations within God’s plan for marriage. Some of our therapists use the PREPARE® material which explores communication, conflict resolution, marriage and sexual expectations, financial management, parenting, and family of origin. Several of our counselors are PREPARE® certified. We are dedicated to help couples build a healthy and joyful marriage.
We have designed an eight session premarital counseling package which covers the subjects research states is most important for premarital couples. This package also includes a computer assessment of their relationship.
We have a program which includes:
- Assessing the background of your relationship and how you currently relate to each other.
- Feedback from the PREPARE® computer assessment and a discussion of the couple’s strengths and growth areas.
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues (In-laws, etc.)
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
- Sexual Intimacy
- Commitment and Spiritual Intimacy